Finance Transformation Consultant
Location: Ogun state, Nigeria
Sector: Financial institution
The successful Finance Consultant will drive the development of a 5 year financial plan, conduct reviews of finance controls and operations, identify areas of opportunities and risks throughout the business, and clearly communicate the overall health of the business to the Board.
- Develop models around financial strategies, budgeting and forecasts to track business performance.
- Develop and implement financial analysis methodologies and extend finance-based decision-making throughout the company.
- Review and develop financial policies in line with the trends and best practices
- Work collaboratively with the finance project team and other business leaders on major partnerships, new business opportunities and growth strategies
- Create and build financial tools, reporting mechanisms, business modeling and financial planning processes.
- Lend support to Recovery Unit on difficult delinquent loan accounts, through recommendations of additional recovery actions, and client visits.
- Develop a long term financial plan and develop a system that ensures zero tolerance to deviation
- Produce timely, reliable and complete financial information to meet the various needs of the Board, Management, CBN, Public Offices, Regulatory authorities, and Government agencies in order to comply with accounting regulation and practices.
- Participate in Management & Board credit committee and advice on the financial implications and related credit risk for proper decision making.
- Provide advice on cost- benefit analysis, IT Risk, IMS to support good decision making and how best Information Technology can support and improve the Bank’s products and services
- Analyze the overall strategy and ensure that strategic implementation of all form of credit risk identified by Risk Management Department and adherence to systematic risk mitigation measures are in line with the Bank corporate goal/strategy and best practice.
- Act as an advisor to management on various financial issues and projects and advise on trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to executive management.
- Advise on viable investments the company may make; investing surplus company funds in those investments approved by Management and/or the Board as appropriate.
- Direct finance advisory experience with top tier consulting firms.
- Deep experience as a Senior Finance Professional in the Financial Sector is REQUIRED (preferably in Tier 1 or State Microfinance Banks)
- Improving the performance of a finance organization re-designing processes, or implementing new systems
- Strong financial modeling experience and solid understanding of financial statements
- Proven experience building budgets, Financial forecasts, FP &A to guide and support executive management’s decision making – experience with management reporting dashboards is a plus
- Experience in developing short and long term financial plans.
- Strong Business and Commercial acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field, with 17+ years of experience in financial management roles, FP &A, Credit Risk, Budget, performance improvement operations, consulting, accounting diligence, or finance transformation
- Business process improvement experience highly desired
- Experience working in the capacity of a CFO, including board and investor interfacing
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity or any other one, kindly send a copy of your CV and Case studies of Similar Projects to email@example.com
Strategic Interim are building an Associate Pool of transformation and change consultants in the market.
We understand that any consultancy is only as good as its partners, that’s why we are serious about building true relationships with our associates which will see us grow together.
For more information please visit www.strategicinterims.com